It was a sad day as hundreds gathered to pay their respects to a well respected public servant.Â The visitation wasÂ Saturday for the Gainesville Police officer who died after being struck by an accused drunk driver during the national championship celebration.
Lieutenant Corey Dahlem is being remembered as both a good police officer and a good family man.Â
His trusted "Brothers in Blue" brought his casket in to the Trinity United Methodist Church.Â Dahlem's peers say he was both easy to supervise and easy to work under.Â But more than anything else, they say he was a role model when it came to fatherhood.
- MCSO: Remembering fallen deputy Brian Litz
- Marion County remembers fallen officers
- Putnam County remembers Deputy Brandee Smith
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Union County Sheriff Laid to Rest
- Vermillion Files: ASO Now Open To Lawsuits
- Deadly Shooting Raises Questions Among Archer Community
- Man Tries Running Over Officer
- 10 Year Anniversary Of Fallen Deputy Brian Litz