Putnam County Fire
Investigators say the lives of the four people who died in a Putnam County fire early yesterday morning could have been prevented.
26-year old Keith Comer, 29-year old Mary Comer, 10-year old Ryan Blackwelder, and 3-year old Damien Comer were living with six others in the aging mobile home when it caught on fire. Investigators don't yet know how the fire started. But they say the outcome could have been different.
Chief of Putnam County EMS Quin Romay, "The lost of lives possible could have been prevented if they'd had working smoke detectors."
So far they haven't found any smoke detectors. And witnesses say even if they had one they don't believed it worked. Although the investigation is still on going, authorities say there's no signs of foul play.
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV-20 News
- Crews Fight 40-Acre Brush Fire In Putnam County
- Putnam County Fire
- Two Putnam County Detectives Fired After Bar Fight
- Silver Alert in Place for Missing Putnam County Man
- Putnam County Robbery/Homicide
- Putnam County Fugtives in Kentucky
- Hunter fatally shot in Putnam County
- Fay floods roads in Putnam County
- Triple Murder In Putnam County
- Putnam County Murder Suspect Arrested