Racism and Politics
Community members came to the sixth annual Stanford C. Erikson lecture. Columnist Bill Maxwell of the Saint Petersburg Times was the guest speaker. He shared his perspective on Barack Obama, saying Obama is not a solution to racism, open dialogue is.
People in attendance say Maxwell offered a new perspective on how to approach racism. Event Coordinators say the event went so well, they plan to have more lectures dealing with racism in the future.
By Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV-20 News
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office E-mail Causes Controversy Over Racism
- Allegations of racism at Gainesville gas station. Now family demands justice
- Gainesville Hopes Films Can Increase Talks, Reduce Racism
- Pulpit Politics
- Polite Bandit Busted
- Small City Big Politics: Election Day in City of Alachua
- International Artist Creates Political Drawings For Gainesville Museum
- Local teen get's an early start in politics...
- Two Amendments Could Change Florida's Political Landscape
- Does Political Mud Slinging Sway Voters?