School Sex Offender Recognition
Marion county schools are taking a step to protect students from sex offenders. Osceola Middle School had a training session for employees that showed them how to use new software that identifies sex offenders in forty two states.
Principal John McCullom says, "The info would come up on the screen as to their name and if there has been any hits on the sexual preditor list. if the visitors name is clear... a name badge will be printed out with their picture and they would be headed off to the part of the school where they sign in to visit"
The database updates every two weeks and instantly alerts the Ocala Police Department when an offender if caught on the campus.
By Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV20 News
- Under law, some sex offenders permitted at schools
- Sex offender near school bus stop
- Convicted Sex Offender Asks to be Castrated
- Florida Sex Offenders Using Social Media
- Registered Sex Offender in Ocala Arrested Again
- No Tricks with Sex Offenders
- Occupy Protester Was Sex Offender Fugitive
- Operation "Night Light" Nabs Three Local Sex Offenders
- Sex Offender Sentenced for Failing to Reregister
- Keeping Your Children Safe From Sex Offenders