Truck hits, critically injures GPD officer
Â Â Â Â The UF national championship celebration in Gainesville's streets ended in tragedy early Tuesday morning.
Â Â Â Â At about 2 a.m., a black pickup truck struck Gainesville Police Department Lt. Corey Dahlem. The impact critically injuredÂ the 45-year-old officer,Â who has served the police department for 22 years.
Â Â Â Â Investigators say a 21-year-old University of North Florida student named Austin John Wright sped the pickup truck down University Avenue and hit Dahlem.
Â Â Â Â Wright faces several charges, including driving under the influence and speeding.
- FHP: Bicyclist Critically Injured in Late Night Hit and Run
- 3 Dead, 8 Injured After Vehicle Hits, Kills Bear
- Drunk Driver Hits Six Patrol Cars, Nearly Injures Officers
- Hit-and-Run Leaves Two Dead and One Critically Injured
- Officials: Drunk Driver Hits, Kills Lake City Woman
- Putnam County Deputy Hits, Kills Pedestrian Crossing U.S. 17
- Vehicle Hits, Kills Rare Fla. Panther
- Man critically injured in train accident
- Two Passengers Critically Injured In Vehicle Crash
- Man in critical condition after hit and run