Bradford/Alachua Brush Fires Update
Two brush fires burning near the Bradford/Alachua county lineÂ are causing thick smoke and limited visibility.
Â Dry and windy conditions are hampering firefighters efforts to contain the blaze. Some homes in Bradford County have been evacuated as a precaution. There are no current evacuations ordered in Alachua County.
One fire isÂ in Starke, in the Griffis Loop area.Â It originated at Camp Blanding and is burning in the general area of the Two Buck Hunting Club (100A and 100). This one is easily over 500 acres and was at 500 acres an hour and a half ago It is still spreading. This area is a half mile north of state road 100.
The other fire is in Bradford at 18 and 73rd, in the Theressa area. This fire is more than 1,000 acres. It originated in Bradford County and is now burning into Alachua County.
People are advised to only call 911 if you see an active fire. Fire officials ask that people do not call simply because they see smoke.
Stay tuned to WCJB for the latest on the fire conditions tonight at 5:30.
- Bradford County Crews Battled Brush Fires
- UPDATE: Efforts Continue in Marion County to Put Out Brush Fire
- Brush Fire Update
- Brush Fire in Eastern Alachua County
- Brush Fire in Alachua County
- Brush Fire Near Apartment Buildings
- Brush Fires
- Crews Fight 40-Acre Brush Fire In Putnam County
- 300 acre Brush Fire in Levy County is Growing
- Marion County Brush Fire Closes Roads, Causes Evacuations