Child Dies in Car Accident
While little Isaiah Ivey died, his grandmother and another passenger are in critical condition at Shands.
The car collided with some trees on the right shoulder of County Road 20-82. Authorities do not know what caused the crash but they do have some ideas on how it could have resulted in the death of the child.
"Through the preliminary investigation, we see that the seat was a little loose," said Sgt. Nicholas Causey of the Florida Highway Patrol. "Sometimes people don't know the proper way to install seats.
Causey also said a major issue is when people carry a lot of loose articles in their vehicles that can turn into missiles. At the time, he said FHP was unsure if anything in the vehicle struck the child.
Florida Highway Patrol offers child safety courses as well as many other safety tips on their website.
- Gainesville Swimmer Dies in Car Accident
- Keystone Veteran Dies in Skydiving Accident
- Florida Men's and Women's Diving Coach Donnie Craine Dies in Boating Accident
- Fla. Man Dies In Skydiving Accident
- Teenager Dies in Motocross Accident
- 19-year-old Dies During Hiking Accident in Jonesville
- Gainesville Business Owner Dies from Firework Accident
- Woman Killed, 5 Year Old Seriously Injured in Car Accident
- Students Killed in Car Accident
- Deadly car accident, 14-year-old driver