Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Click It or Ticket
Beginning Monday, for the next two weeks, officers will have zero tolerance for drivers and passengers not wearing their seat belt.
According to the State Department of Transportation, an all time high of nearly 81 percent of Florida motorists used their seat belt last year. But that still left almost four million Floridians who do not use one.
"It saves lives," Lt. Mike Burroughs of the Florida Highway Patrol said. "So much money has been pumped into saving lives in traffic but it's the one thing that motorists still tend to overlook."
Burroughs said more than half of all traffic fatalities could have been prevented if the person was wearing a seat belt.
- Click It Or Ticket
- Click It or Ticket Campaign Begins Friday
- Click It or Ticket
- Answers To Hurricane Season, Just A Click Away
- "Clicking" Required for H.S. Diploma
- Troopers Ticketing Aggressive Driving
- Parking Tickets Confusion
- Got Tickets?
- Capital One Bowl Tickets On Sale
- "Hire Me First Card" Could Be Ticket to Success