Correctional Institute on Lockdown After Officer Attacked
Florida Department of Corrections Spokesman Robby Cunningham said other inmates joined in but officers stopped the fight.
The building was locked down and more than 100 inmates refused to go back to their housing facility after the attack.
The guard who was hurt refused any medical treatment.
- Inmates, officers injured in riot at Suwannee Correctional Institution
- Neighbors voice concerns after corrections office shot, killed in driveway
- Residents Brainstorm Ideas for Gainesville's Former Correctional Institution
- Plans For The Vacant Gainesville Correctional Institution Building
- School on Lockdown After Near Abduction
- Correctional Officer Charged With Possession of Child Pornography
- Van Poyck Executed for Murder of South Florida Corrections Officer
- Corrections Officer Quits
- Donations For Killed Corrections Officer
- Correctional Officer Accused of Stealing Hundreds of Identities