Director Of Alachua County Jail Resigns
Major Robert Chapman, 56, a 9 year 3 month veteran of the Alachua County Sheriff's Office, has resigned as Director of the Alachua County Jail. effective 5 o'clock on Tuesday night.
Chapman has been under investigation for ten weeks for criminal and administrative violations. The criminal investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement was concluded on March 21st and turned over to the State Attorney's Office.
The criminal investigation determined that Major Chapman failed to pay sales tax on a vehicle purchase. But the State Attorney's office decided not to pursue criminal charges.
According to ASCO, the Sheriff's Office then conducted their own investigation, which showed that Major Chapman had committed several violations of ACSO policy.
- Lack of support for Public Safety director leads to resignation
- New Body Scanner at Alachua County Jail
- Woman Tries to Smuggle Drugs into Jail
- Local Reaction to Pope's Resignation
- Top Alachua County DEC Leaders Resign
- Sheriff Sadie Darnell Responds to Keith Vermillion Resignation
- Board member calls for Roberts' resignation
- Alachua County Schools Superintendent resigns
- School board accepts Superintendent's resignation; effective immediately
- New Jail Director