Director Of Alachua County Jail Resigns
Major Robert Chapman, 56, a 9 year 3 month veteran of the Alachua County Sheriff's Office, has resigned as Director of the Alachua County Jail. effective 5 o'clock on Tuesday night.
Chapman has been under investigation for ten weeks for criminal and administrative violations. The criminal investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement was concluded on March 21st and turned over to the State Attorney's Office.
The criminal investigation determined that Major Chapman failed to pay sales tax on a vehicle purchase. But the State Attorney's office decided not to pursue criminal charges.
According to ASCO, the Sheriff's Office then conducted their own investigation, which showed that Major Chapman had committed several violations of ACSO policy.
- Alachua County Jail director selected for N.Y. Community College Hall of Fame
- Alachua County Jail Employee Resigns
- Lack of support for Public Safety director leads to resignation
- New Body Scanner at Alachua County Jail
- Top Alachua County DEC Leaders Resign
- Alachua County Schools Superintendent resigns
- New Jail Director
- No Charges For Suspended Jail Director
- Runaway Mom Turns Herself In To The Alachua County Jail
- Inmate dies in Alachua County Jail