Director Of Alachua County Jail Resigns
Major Robert Chapman, 56, a 9 year 3 month veteran of the Alachua County Sheriff's Office, has resigned as Director of the Alachua County Jail. effective 5 o'clock on Tuesday night.
Chapman has been under investigation for ten weeks for criminal and administrative violations. The criminal investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement was concluded on March 21st and turned over to the State Attorney's Office.
The criminal investigation determined that Major Chapman failed to pay sales tax on a vehicle purchase. But the State Attorney's office decided not to pursue criminal charges.
According to ASCO, the Sheriff's Office then conducted their own investigation, which showed that Major Chapman had committed several violations of ACSO policy.
- Alachua County Jail director selected for N.Y. Community College Hall of Fame
- Alachua County Jail Employee Resigns
- Alachua County Manager Randall Reid Officially Resigns
- Top Alachua County DEC Leaders Resign
- New Jail Director
- No Charges For Suspended Jail Director
- Expanding the Alachua County Jail
- Alachua County Jail Program Saving Money and Aiming To Change Lives
- Alachua County Jail Confirms First Swine Flu Case
- Alachua County Man in Jail for Taking 3-year-old Boy