Fire Causes Road Closures in Bradford County
Due to a 500 acre fire in Southeast Bradford County, the Bradford County Sheriff's Department has announced the closure of State Road 100 between Starke and Keystone Heights. Drivers should avoid this area and take alternate routes, such as STate Road 21 or 21B to State Road 26 back to Highway 301.
Residents in the Griffis Loop area all the way to Batten Road have been evacuated.
A second fire in the County Road 18 area near Hampton has resulted in the evacuation of residents between 41st and 47th avenues. This blaze has involved an estimated area of 1,000 acres.
A shelter has been opened at Bradford Middle School Gymnasium.
- Fires Causing Road Closures
- Marion County Brush Fire Closes Roads, Causes Evacuations
- Paul Ryan Visit Will Cause Road Closures
- Roads Re-Open in Bradford After Fire is Contained
- Possible Road Closure in Levy County
- Road Closures in Clay County Due to Flooding
- Rising River Levels Lead to Road Closures in Levy County
- Update: County knew about fire station closure ahead of time
- Bradford County Crews Battled Brush Fires
- U.S. 301 closure causes frustration