GRU Water Conservation
Officials from Gainesville Regional Utilities want their customers to cut back on water consumption.
The St. John's River Water Management District bans lawn watering between 10 am and 4 pm.
It is also illegal to irrigate more than two days a week.
"Odd number addresses should limit watering to only Wednesdays and Saturdays, even number addresses should limit only to Thursdays and Sundays," said Rick Hutton of GRU.
GRU officials said cutting back on water consumption helps them keep water pressure up.
- GRU Officials working to clean 900 Thousand Gallons of Waste Water
- GRU To Pay Nearly $1 Million for Biomass Water Pipeline from Alachua
- GRU's Proposed Budget Sees Decrease in Electricity costs/Increase in Water
- UF students try to save century-old tree
- George P. Bush Makes a Stop in Gainesville, Encouraging Young Voters to Get to the Polls
- Governor proposes more funds for springs restoration
- Orange Lake Makes a Comeback But More Problems Surface
- Bear Spotted in Micanopy
- NCF Conservation Land May Be Put Up For Sale
- Is The Net Ban Affecting The Mullet Population?