GRU Water Conservation
Officials from Gainesville Regional Utilities want their customers to cut back on water consumption.
The St. John's River Water Management District bans lawn watering between 10 am and 4 pm.
It is also illegal to irrigate more than two days a week.
"Odd number addresses should limit watering to only Wednesdays and Saturdays, even number addresses should limit only to Thursdays and Sundays," said Rick Hutton of GRU.
GRU officials said cutting back on water consumption helps them keep water pressure up.
- UF Study Shows Smart Forestry Techniques Can Help Conserve Water
- National Water Conservation Tour Visits Ocala
- GRU's Proposed Budget Sees Decrease in Electricity costs/Increase in Water
- GRU To Pay Nearly $1 Million for Biomass Water Pipeline from Alachua
- ENERGY CONSERVATION
- Residents of Local Apartment Get Some Help Conserving Energy
- Alachua County Energy Conservation Expo
- Moving Forward To Conserve The Past
- Otter Springs Hosts Conservation Summit
- NCF Conservation Land May Be Put Up For Sale