Hurricane Forecast Response
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said people can expect 13 to 17 named storms in the Atlantic between June 1 and November 30.
But Florida Emergency Management Director Craig Fugate said whether it is one or 20 hurricanes, if it hits a community, people better have an emergency plan in place and supplies on hand.
"The sales tax holiday starts, so get your plan now," Fugate said. "Get your supplies on June 1, get ready for hurricane season."
The first named storm so far this season was Andrea, which developed off the coast of Jacksonville earlier this month.
- Tuition Hike Forecast for UF
- New Response Van
- Dispatch Response Time
- Disaster Response Team Practices in UF Football Stadium
- County Response to Shands
- High Springs Issues Response to PBA Demands
- Police ID Man Responsible for Robbery Attempt
- Quick Response Saves Life- Earns Honor
- Community Response to the EPA's Cabot-Koppers Clean Up Plan
- Child Abduction Response Team Exercise