Investigators have identified the person who was found near The Gainesville Regional Airport Tuesday afternoon. The body was identified as 58- year old Roberto Ramirez from Ocala. Ramirez was driving a dark green ford explorer which is still missing.
Dewayne Walters...a close friend of Ramirez was one of the last people to see him alive. Walters says Ramirez dropped him off at a Kangaroo gas station sunday night around 7:15 pm and was supposed to pick him up around 10:30 the next morning, but never showed up.
"It's very upsetting, very much so, he was a close dear friend of mine," says Dewayne Walters. "He was a good person at heart and I think one of the reasons he was killed because of his generosity."
Gainesville Police Department do not know the cause of Ramirez's death, but say that because they have just identified him they have not been able to put together a timeline.
"Right now we are just releasing that we have some indication of some signs of foul play," says Art Adkins with G.P.D. "We are treating it as a homicide investigation at this point."
Ramirez was in and out of jail six times in the last year for fraud, theft, forgery and more. If you have any information, you're urged to call Crimestoppers or Corporal Mike Douglas at 352-334-2470
By Nathalie Pozo, WCJB TV20 News
- Investigation Continues In The Death Of A Marion County Man
- Gilchrist County Murder Investigation Continues
- Williston Fatal Shooting Investigation Continues
- High Springs Police Department Investigations Continue, Some City Officials Disagree
- Gas Prices Continue To Rise
- Sandbagging Continues in Ocala
- Search for Kamrie Mitchell Continues
- Search for Next University of Florida President Continues
- Healthcare Battle Continues
- Florida Python Hunt Continues