New Technology to Help Disabled
Panel members are hoping to implement new advancement, such as new reaching tools and easier ways to get in and out of the shower.
"One of the interesting parts of this discussion was the advancement of things at the very simple level, to make lives easier with built in environments with very simple adaptations like avoiding door knobs but having levers, all the way to some really extraordinary technologies," said Dr. Elena Andreson, one of the panel members.
Dr. Andreson said the goal is to make it easier for the disabled to lead productive, independent lives.
By Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News.
- 12/31/12 Fitzness: Apps to Help you Meet New Year's Goals
- Ocala Man Uses New Business to Combat Disability
- New Beds, New Initiatives to Help Mentally Ill Inmates
- Ocala's New Power Plant
- Alachua Communications Center Uses New Technology
- New Hotline To Help Floridians Facing Foreclosure
- New Program Helps At-Risk Students
- New Road in Ocala Helping to "Change America"
- Grant Helps School Build New Playground
- New Device to Help Acid Reflux Disease