Press Conference for Columbia County Fires
The US Forestry Service reported that 400 firefighters and support personnel are currently fighting the Bugaboo fire. Residents have been evacuated from three areas of the county; Residents living East of US 441 from the Florida/Georgia line, South to I-10; residents living West of US 441 to the Suwannee River North of I-10; and residents living North of Lassie Black Road and West of US 441. So far, 725 people have been evacuated.
The Forestry Service reported that the humidity was down Tuesday and the winds were up. Because the Osceola National Forest has a lot of prescribed burns, it has made it easier to deal with that area of the fire.
The shelter at Columbia County High School gymnasium re-opened its doors Tuesday. It is located at the intersection of US-41 and 441.
Another shelter opened in Baker County at the First Baptist Church in Glen St. Mary.
Columbia County Emergency Management reminded citizens that there is a water shortage in Lake City. No irrigation or non-essential water use is allowed. Officials also reminded residents who live in Columbia, Suwannee or Hamilton counties to get a NOAA weather radio in case the fire situation should change.
- ENTIRE VIDEO- Jim McElwain Introduction Press Conference
- Press Conference Held Today For Gainesville Shooting Spree
- Car crash on I-75 causes small brush fire on highway
- Fire burns down house of two sheriff deputies
- Fourth of July Celebrations in Lake City
- Violent Criminal Organization In Columbia County Arrested
- Columbia County Inmates Shot by Gunman
- Columbia HS student suspended for flying flag
- Sports Overtime: High School Football Roundup
- Sports Overtime: High School Football Roundup- Week Three