Proposed Budget Cuts
Some major budget cuts could be coming, as the city of gainesville looks at options for slashing costs.
The proposed cuts are to the tune of nearly seven million dollars.
They're in response to proposed property tax reform and other issues.
Some of the items on the chopping block for the 2008 fiscal year include: AÂ 2-and-half million dollar budget reduction for the Gainesville Police Department, including the elimination of 47 full-time positions. Nearly 1-point-two million dollars cut from gainesville fire and rescue.. with up to forty positions eliminated. And more than half-a-million dollars being cut from the city's parks, recreation and cultural affairs budgets.
- Alachua County Commissioners Cut $470,000 from Proposed ASO Budget
- Proposed Ordinance Hopes To Cut Down On Underage Drinking
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Unveils Budget Proposal
- GRU Budget Proposal Raises Questions
- GRU's Proposed Budget Sees Decrease in Electricity costs/Increase in Water
- 2012 AC Budget Proposal Prompts Million Dollar Taxing Decision
- City Manager Proposes Balanced Budget
- Proposed GRU Budget Includes "Modest" Rate Hike
- UF President Extends Budget Reduction Proposals for Faculty
- Budget Cuts to Universities Part II