Chief Warrant Officer Mike LeNeave is back for fifteen days after serving ten months in Iraq. There were plenty of hugs and smiles mixed in with a few tears for his family.
"After 10 months of being over there, it's nice to come back and see the family," says LeNeave. "You really learn the value of family after being over there and going through some tough nights."
LeNeave is a helicopter pilot who provides reconaissance and security for troops on the ground. He says he's seen a lot of positive changes over the last ten months. He adds while he's thrilled to spend the next two weeks with his family in Gainesville, he's looking forward to rejoining his brothers and sisters that are still fighting in the Middle East.
By Dan Breitwieser, WCJB TV20 News
- Soldier Return to North Central Florida
- Soldier Returns in Time for Father's Day
- "He Loved Everything about Being a Soldier," Fallen Hero's Body Returns Home
- An Injured Soldier From Williston Returns To The U.S.
- Hundreds of Soldiers Training in Ocala
- North Central Florida Honors Fallen Soldier
- Local Soldier Killed in Iraq
- Soldier from Melrose dies in Combat in Afghanistan
- Soldiers Injured In Military Bus Crash
- Cell Phones for Soldiers