Six Months As Top Cop
Tops on Sheriff Sadie Darnell's priority list... tackling jail overcrowding and developing stronger relationships with the outlying cities.
Under Darnell's leadership so far, some staffing shakeups. She hired new leadership in the communications center and has hadÂ a number of firings.
" A majority of my time, more so than I ever expected, is dealing with some very serious disciplinary matters," says Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell. "Ten people have been terminated, egregious acts."
Darnell says this week she plans to officially file to run as the top cop again in 2008.
By Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Roam Towing Violations Means Six Month Suspension
- TV20's Top Cop Part 1
- TV20's Top Cop-- Part 2
- TV20's Top Cop Part 3
- TV20's Top Cop Part 4
- Gainesville's Next Top Cop
- Six Neighboring High Schools Rank in Newsweek's Top 1500 Public High School List
- Cops: Evidence Found in Secret Hernandez Apartment
- Zimmerman Trial Day 8: State Tries to Prove Zimmerman was a "Wanna-be Cop"
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Six