Students Killed in Car Accident
A memorial to remember Dante Anderson and Curtis Hampton Jr, killed in a car accident Saturday morning. Dante, a standout basketball player is described as a "wonderful young man and a friend to everyone." Curtis is being remembered as "outgoing and eager to lend a helping hand."
The only good news is that two people survived. 15 year old Lincoln Middle School student Reginald James is in fair condition. 18 year old Octavious Miller is in good condition.
Now the schools the boys attended are making sure the victims are remembered.
"Its finding that balance of providing additional help to the students that need it and yet trying to get them into a routine of getting back to normal as quickly as possible," says Jackie Johnson from The Alachua County School Board.
The two families have not made any funeral arrangements, but the people at the Southeast Boys and Girls Club say they will be available to talk and offer support to anyone who needs it after the funeral.
By Nathalie Pozo, WCJB TV20 News
- Child Dies in Car Accident
- Deadly car accident, 14-year-old driver
- Series of Car Accidents Plague Gainesville Roadway
- Man Killed in Accident
- Gator Football Player Killed In Accident
- Tree Trimming Accident Kills Father
- Two Children Killed in Boating Accident
- Well-Known Chef Killed in Motorcycle Accident
- Family Reacts to Loss of 12 yr old Boy Killed in Hunting Accident
- Thanksgiving Holiday Ends in Fatal Hit and Run Accident for FSU Student