A weapon pulled at a local elementary school... and you may be surprised to hear who did it: the county's school superintendent.
Columbia County Superintendent Sam Markham admits to WCJB he got angry and used a pocket knife to destroy a picture of himself at Five Points Elementary School last Thursday. He says he was upset with the way faculty there responded to news they'd be getting a new principal next school year.
Markham says "Do I need to apologize for my actions? If I do, I certainly will. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably do the same thing knowing my character."
Markham was principal at that school for almost 25 years. He says he would never hurt anyone there.
If a student is caught with a knife on campus, they can be suspended for 10 days.
By Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Columbia County Schools Superintendent Race
- Superintendent Sworn In
- Columbia County Assistant Superintendent Resigns
- Appoint A Superintendent?
- Crist To Appoint New Superintendent For Columbia County Schools
- School Superintendent Death Threats
- Superintendent Plagiarism
- Florida Power and Light Co. Rates Increase
- Gas Prices Lower
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem