Wrong Side of the Tracks
Some residents in Hawthorne say railroad maintenance has 'derailed' their day.Â People living in more than 25 homes offÂ of US Highway 301, say they're at the mercy of CSX Railroad. They say their lives are on hold because they can't get in and out of their neighborhood! There's only one way out, and it's blocked.
Because CSX is 'working on the railroad', people who live on Southeast 138th Place are expected to leave their cars on the side of US Highway 301, and walk home. But some residents live overÂ one mile from the tracks, and many of them are elderly!Â
Residents alsoÂ say they wereÂ givenÂ no notice. The only indication was a hand written sign listing the days and hours they'd be working.
"It's very frustrating not to be able to plan and to know when you're going to have access to your property," said a Hawthorne Resident.
A CSX Spokesperson said they're doing routine track maintenance, and it's something that has to be done. She recognizes that it's an inconvenience and apologized on behalf of CSX.
Â Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV-20 News
- East Side Residents Rally At City Hall
- Curb- Side Recycling Coming to Ocala
- East Side Student Assistance hopes to send four kids to college
- Bravo Trial Day 9: Bravo's Side Of The Story
- 'West Side Story' opening at Santa Fe College
- Two dead in murder-suicide on Ocala's east side
- Body found on side of road identified
- Health Expert Describes Sedative's Side Effects; Police Investigate Boy's Death
- Baby Gators channel their creative sides
- Dog shot, left on side of the road