Alachua County Commissioners Approve Gas Tax Increase
Â By a vote of 4-to-1, Alachua County Commissioners approved a five-cent-per-gallon gas tax increase on Tuesday.
Â The increase will go into effect on January 1st, and is estimated to bring in approximately $5.5 million a year.
Â The money will be used to make road improvements throughout the county and in the city of Gainesville.
Â The county will receive 52% of the money, the city of Gainesville will receive 38%, and the remaining 10% will be split by the other towns in Alachua County.
Â Â Commissioner Lee Pinkoson was the only one who voted against the tax increase.
By David Hamilton/WCJB TV 20 News
- Alachua County commissioners discuss bed tax
- Gainesville Commissioners Approve GRU Rate Increase
- Commissioners Agree on How to Split Gas Tax
- County Commissioners Discuss Half Cent Sales Tax Increase
- Cities Will Receive Less Money From Gas Taxes
- Marion County Commissioners Approve Panhandling Ordinance
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget
- Public Meeting on Anti-Tethering Approved by Commissioners
- Alachua County School Board to Approve Weeklong Thanksgiving Break
- Alachua County Sees Increase in Homeless Population