Big Pot Bust
It was nearly a 1,000 lbs. of marijuana with a street value of a million dollars. It was picked up Thursday, in the parking lot of the Best Western Gateway Grand.
It all started Tuesday when GPD received a call from a local delivery company saying they had seen marijuana in one of the packages they received. Police then waited for the suspect to come pick up the package. Through their investigation officers found where they were going to transport the drugs.
"GPD undercover police officers act on the capacity of one of the drug couriers and deliver the marijuana to this parking lot set up surveillance and then observed the suspects roll into the parking lot and attempt to leave the van and when that happened we took them down," says Bart Knowles with the Gainesville Police Department.
GPD Officers arrested Luis Alberto Mata-Moreno, Luis Bujanda Callejas, and Angel Garcia Bercovic.
The three suspects are being held at the Alachua County Jail and officers are seeking federal prosecution.
By Nathalie Pozo, WCJB TV20 News
- Pot Bust in Marion County
- Busted! (With $100,000 Worth of Pot)
- Gainesville Police Department Makes Big Prostitute Bust
- Lengthy Investigation Nets Big Drug Bust
- Report: Bieber had Pot, Xanax in System at Arrest
- City and Family at Odds Over Pot-Bellied Pig
- Local Plant Nursery Can Be The Next Legal Pot Grower
- Pot Homes
- Piccadilly Pot Pie Recall
- Pot of "Bed Tax" Gold