Commissioners started the process of figuring out a way to make the required cuts. Commissioners told the County Attorney to review a 12% budget reduction for this year and a 13% cut for next year so Alachua County could meet the 25% cut in the next two years.
"At 12% were already into public service at 25% it gruesome for everyone," says Paula Delaney, Chair, Alachua Co. Commission. "It's going to be a really hard thing to do."
Commissioners didn't mention any specific cuts at Tuesday's meeting. They will hold a series of meetings in August where the public will be able to make any comments and express their concerns.
- Budget Cuts to Universities Part II
- Budget Cuts to Schools Part I
- UF Budget Cuts Go Into Effect Tomorrow
- Florida's State-Wide Budget Cuts Hit Home for UF Professors
- U.F. Board of Trustees Approve Budget Cuts
- U.F. Faculty Senate Fights Back Against Budget Cuts
- CFCC Faces Increased Enrollment, Under Staffing, And $1M Budget Cuts
- Possible Budget Cuts for YMCA
- "Sequestered" Budget Cuts Affect UF
- County Commission Votes in Favor of Budget Cuts to Community Agency Partnership Program