Commissioners started the process of figuring out a way to make the required cuts. Commissioners told the County Attorney to review a 12% budget reduction for this year and a 13% cut for next year so Alachua County could meet the 25% cut in the next two years.
"At 12% were already into public service at 25% it gruesome for everyone," says Paula Delaney, Chair, Alachua Co. Commission. "It's going to be a really hard thing to do."
Commissioners didn't mention any specific cuts at Tuesday's meeting. They will hold a series of meetings in August where the public will be able to make any comments and express their concerns.
- School Budget Cuts
- CLM Workforce Budget Cuts
- University of Florida Board of Trustees Meet: Cutting Budget Top On Agenda
- Budget Cuts for People with Disabilities
- Budget Cuts
- Proposed Budget Cuts
- CFCC Faces Increased Enrollment, Under Staffing, And $1M Budget Cuts
- UF President Machen Discusses Budget Cuts
- UF President Machen Discusses Budget Cuts, Pt. 2
- UF Budget Plan Includes Job Cuts