Crist in Ocala
In addition to recognizing veterans in Marion County, Governor Charlie Crist also had a political agenda.
He and Senate President Ken Pruitt were here endorsing Republican Candidate Charlie Dean for the Senate District 3 Seat. And what timing, with the special election is just days away. Crist also touted the work legislators did during the special session.
"I'm delighted that we have the opportunity to be here at a veteran's park today. It's always important to remember our veterans. Oh and by the way, they just had their taxes cut so everyone's really happy about that."
But Crist mostly wanted to make this a campaign stop for Dean. Democrat Suzan Franks is Dean's opponent. The Special Election takes place this Tuesday.
By Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News.
- Charlie Crist Comes to Town
- Crist proposes tuition reform
- Governor Crist on McCain's List For The Vice Presidential Slot
- Gov. Crist Announces Senate Replacement
- Rubio vs. Crist
- State Senate Sends High-Speed Rail Bill to Crist
- Governor Crist Approves Purchase of Trenton-Newberry Rail-Trail Project
- Rubio Defeats Crist, Meek in U.S. Senate Bid
- Charlie Crist Stops in Gainesville with Early Voting on his Mind
- Governor Crist Visits Gainesville