Larry King in Gainesville
Â Â Â Â Â Friends, fansÂ and family members packed the Steven C. O' Connell Center today for two reasons; to see hundreds of high school seniors graduate, and to see Larry King.Â
Â Â Â Â Renowned television personality Larry King was the keynote speaker at the Gainesville High School graduation.Â King did the honors of handing his granddaughter her high school diploma.Â Jillian King is the first of his grandchildren to graduate from high school.Â In his speech, King mentions his struggles as a student,Â and how he himself never graduated high school.Â He cracked a few jokes, shared an old story, and gave some important life lessons.Â King says he hopes to inspire youngsters, lead by example, and let them dreams do come true..Â Â Â Â
Â Â Â "What would you say to someone from a small city like Gainesville with a big dream?" asked WCJB Reporter Thalia Hayden.
Â Â Â Â "Follow it.Â Gainesville is a great place to start.Â Everybody needs a place to start," replied King.
Â Â Â Â Many of the graduates say his words were inspirational, and to say "thanks for coming",Â the senior class presented Larry King with his very own Gainesville High "purple" suspenders and bow tie.
Â Â Â Â Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News.
- Gainesville Celebrates Martin Luther King Jr.
- Former UF Agriculture Dean Larry Connor Dies
- Former Gator & High Springs Mayor Larry Travis Passes Away
- Former Gator Larry Travis Remembered at Memorial Service
- Ocala: Martin Luther King Day March Road Closures
- Ocala's "King of Crack" is Dethroned
- Ocala Celebrates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Man Performs Sexual Act in Lobby of Burger King
- Martin Luther King Jr. Reflection
- Hundreds Honor Dr. King's Legacy With Commemorative March