Man Resentenced to Die for Killing Panhandle Teen
MILTON, Fla. (AP) - A two-time convicted murderer was
re-sentenced to death today for one of the killings after which he
had kept part of the victim's leg in his freezer.
Jeremiah Rodgers, a former mental patient, murdered 18-year-old
high school senior Jennifer Robinson and Justin Livingston, himself
mentally disabled, on two separate occasions.
Co-defendant Jon Lawrence also was convicted in both murders.
Each was sentenced to life in prison for killing Livingston.
Rodgers and Lawrence were both originally sentenced to die for
killing Robinson. But last year, the Florida Supreme Court ruled
that evidence in Rodgers' original sentencing phase was handled
incorrectly, and the case was returned to the Circuit Court for
The sentence will be automatically appealed to the state Supreme
(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Machete-Wielding Man Killed by Panhandle Officer
- Worker Dies At Panhandle Power Plant
- Panhandle Boy Dies After Attack By Bulldogs
- Soldier Killed in Afghanistan Buried in Panhandle
- Autopsy Reveals Teen Died of Natural Causes
- Marion Teens Killed
- Police: Man Kills Girlfriend's Cat, Threatens To Kill Woman
- Man Arrested For Sexual Battery of a Mentally Disabled Teen
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Offering Teen,15, Cash For Sex
- Man Dies Trying to Help Family Celebrate Christmas