Marion County looks to step up school security
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â The carefree days of unsearched bookbags and open school campus' may be coming to an end in one North Central Florida county.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â TheÂ Marion County school board met to discuss a proposal to spend a little overÂ 138-thousand dollars on school security last Thursday.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Marion County School BoardÂ member Ron Crawford says, "If there are ways we can make our campus a little safer, then we need to take a look at it."
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â The boardÂ decided to evaluate the school's weaknesses individually and then decide if gates, metal detectors, or cameras will help.
by Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV 20 News
- SECURITY MARION COUNTY SCHOOLS
- Several Marion County Students Look Forward To Summer School
- One Marion County School May Get A New Look
- Consolidation of Marion County Fire and Sheriff Deprtments One Step Closer
- Security Changes on the way for Alachua County Schools
- Deputies Looking for Missing Woman in Marion County
- Authorities In Marion County Looking For Thieves Who Stole Car And Credit Cards
- Marion County Firefighters "Pass The Boot", looking to make a difference
- Looking to Energy-Saving Measures to Save Alachua County Schools Money
- UF Security Procedures Getting Another Look--Again