Marion Man Honored as Hero
"He saved my son's life," says an emotional Sheri Kirkland, Mother of eleven year old Jessie Kirkland.
Kirkland she says it's all thanks to Darry Blitch.
Marion County Commissioners agree. Tuesday Blitch received a Heroic Citizen award from commissioners. It's all for what happened a few months ago...
In March Blitch fought off dogs, attacking the boy. Dangerous dog investigators say the boy could have died. Instead he escaped with 100 stitches, thanks to Blitch.
Jessie says, "There's no way to really thank somebody. You're always thankful, you're going be for the rest of your life."
A life that could have been cut short.
Kirkland says she cannot express enough gratitude, "There's no words to describe how thankful we are."
Â Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Gainesville Veterans Honor Pearl Harbor Hero
- Mile-Long Memorial Honors Fallen Heros
- Road Dedication Honors Fallen Hero
- Highest Honors For An American Hero
- Honoring a Fallen Hero
- "Remembering Our Fallen" Exhibit Honors Local Heroes
- Honoring Fallen Soldiers and Veterans in Marion County
- Marion Animal Services wins state honor
- Unknown Hero Rescues Elderly Man From Burning Home
- Missing Marion County Man