Marion Man Honored as Hero
"He saved my son's life," says an emotional Sheri Kirkland, Mother of eleven year old Jessie Kirkland.
Kirkland she says it's all thanks to Darry Blitch.
Marion County Commissioners agree. Tuesday Blitch received a Heroic Citizen award from commissioners. It's all for what happened a few months ago...
In March Blitch fought off dogs, attacking the boy. Dangerous dog investigators say the boy could have died. Instead he escaped with 100 stitches, thanks to Blitch.
Jessie says, "There's no way to really thank somebody. You're always thankful, you're going be for the rest of your life."
A life that could have been cut short.
Kirkland says she cannot express enough gratitude, "There's no words to describe how thankful we are."
Â Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Gainesville Veterans Honor Pearl Harbor Hero
- Honoring a Fallen Hero
- Highest Honors For An American Hero
- Investigation Continues In The Death Of A Marion County Man
- Human Remains May Be Missing Marion County Man
- Human Remains Identified as Missing Marion County Man
- Marion County Man Found
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash
- Marion Deputies Search For Man Who Shot Andre Thomas
- Man Shot By Marion County Deputy