Mother Neglects Baby
Ashley Racket's father says his daughter always talked about becoming a defense lawyer, but today the young mother from Ocala needed a defense lawyer. She's charged with neglecting her baby.
Rackett had her first appearance in court today after being arrested yesterday around noon on felony charges of child neglect. Her bail was set at fifteen thousand dollars.
Rackett's neighbor Dawn Schubert says, "I would have always thought she was a good mom. That's what it looked like on the outside."
Rackett's two children, Bryer and his sister Alawana are now in their grandparent's custody. Neighbors say Alawana,who is almost two, appears healthy. Rackett's court date is set for June 23rd.
By Sarah Pusateri WCJB TV20 News
- Two Men Charged with Abusing, Neglecting Their Mother
- Mother Leaves Kids Home Alone, Faces Felony Neglect Charges
- Mother Arrested for Baby Daughter's Murder
- Mother Kills Her Own Baby Before Turning Gun on Herself
- Baby Left in Car While Mother was in a Bar
- A Texas Baby Kidnapped His Mother Murdered
- Mother Murdered And Her Baby Stolen
- Mother Stabs Baby in Face in Front of Social Worker
- Woman arrested on neglect charges
- Ocala Woman Faces Child Neglect Charges