Both were pregnant and in their mid-twenties. Both had young sons there when it happened.
The story of the murdered Ohio woman shares a number of parallels with a crime here in North Central Florida and like in the case in Ohio the victim's family here is ready for an arrest.
It was only two weeks ago when pregnant 25-year old Tyvon Whitford was found murdered in the small town of Johnson in Putnam County.
It hasn't received national attention like the Ohio case has, but friends of Whitford say it has created a lot of talk and a lot of "front porch confessions."
"Oh it's solveable. There's no two ways about it, it is solveable that's why I plead to the people of Johnson to do something about it," says Putnam County Sheriff'sMajor Keith Riddick.
Once the Sheriff's Department arrests someone they say the suspect will be charged with two counts of murder, one for Tyvon Whitford, and one for her unborn daughter.
By Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Son Charged With Mom's Murder
- Gainesville Mom Murdered
- Two Men and A Truck Helps Moms of Domestic Abuse and Homelessness
- Trayvon's Mom: Clarify Stand Your Ground Laws
- New Leads Sought in Search for Missing Mom, Kids
- Mom Truant For Court
- Son Charged In Mom's Death
- Archer Girl, Mom Killed in Plane Crash
- Four Children and Mom Killed in Saturday Fire
- Single Mom Receives New Car