Protecting Our Nation
70% of soldiers killed in the War in Iraq are the result of improvised explosive devices better known as IED's or roadside bombs.
Over 1,000 Florida National Guard Troops are currently training men and women who might be heading to the war zone. Their top priority, making sure troops are prepared for these kinds of attacks.
"Convoys go out into the woods and will be attacked," says Major General Douglas Burnett of The Florida National Guard. "They will practice their latest technic's and tactics and procedures to repeal that attack, medics will come, it's a pretty effective training."
- Protecting Our Nation
- The Federal Reserve's Plan To Get Back Our Economy
- States Consider Laws to Protect Unemployed
- Residential Capital Seeks Chapter 11 Protection
- Warm Weather's Effect on Our Crops
- Play at our own Risk
- Craiglist Scam Hits Our Area
- Ghost Hunters Search for Paranormal Activity in Our Area
- Metcalfe Elementary Celebrates "Our Own Games" Milestone
- "We've Become Notorious... He's Hijacked the Image of our City," Gainesville Resident Speaks Out