Voting in District 24
Dennis Baxley gave up his House of Representatives seat to join the race to replace Argenziano. His seat in the House District 24 is open. That primary will also be Tuesday.
It is entirely inside Marion County, in the eastern and southern parts of the county and includes places like Belleview, Silver Springs Shores and parts of Ocala.
The Marion County Department of Elections said there are 91,000 registered voters in the House District 24. There are a little over 43,000 registered Republicans.
This means that Tuesday, less than half of the registered voters in this district will even have a say in who wins the primary, and ultimately wins the seat. The Democratic party failed to nominate a candidate and Republican Nancy Stacy filed in Tallahassee as an Independant write-in candidate.
Tuesday's primary is only open to Republicans and the general election ballot will only have one real Republican candidate on it.
- Residents are Already Hitting the Polls
- Tracking Down, "Undecided," Voters
- Blair Wins Nomination for Republican Marion County Sheriff Candidate
- George P. Bush Makes a Stop in Gainesville, Encouraging Young Voters to Get to the Polls
- Vice Presidential Hopeful, Paul Ryan Makes Victory Tour Stop in Ocala
- Interview: Ted Yoho Primary Winner
- Voter Registration Deadline Draws Future Voters
- Campaign Makes Cancer An Election Issue
- Ann Romney visits David's BBQ in Gainesville
- John Lewis Keynote Speaker for Get Out the Vote Rally