Voting in District 24
Dennis Baxley gave up his House of Representatives seat to join the race to replace Argenziano. His seat in the House District 24 is open. That primary will also be Tuesday.
It is entirely inside Marion County, in the eastern and southern parts of the county and includes places like Belleview, Silver Springs Shores and parts of Ocala.
The Marion County Department of Elections said there are 91,000 registered voters in the House District 24. There are a little over 43,000 registered Republicans.
This means that Tuesday, less than half of the registered voters in this district will even have a say in who wins the primary, and ultimately wins the seat. The Democratic party failed to nominate a candidate and Republican Nancy Stacy filed in Tallahassee as an Independant write-in candidate.
Tuesday's primary is only open to Republicans and the general election ballot will only have one real Republican candidate on it.
- Early Voting Ended, Today's The Day To Vote
- Local Statehouse Representative Unveils New District Office
- School Districts Might Have To Choose Textbooks
- Water Management District Staff Recommends Adena Springs Permit be Denied
- Wide Open Race For District 10 Seat
- District 6 Race
- School Board District 2 Race Preview
- Battle for Marion County Commission District 5
- District Two Runoff Election
- School Board District 4 Race