Eastside Activity Center
City leaders held a community meeting about the Eastside Activity Center Master Plan, Monday. The Eastside Activity Center will bring homes, commercial space, and jobs to the Eastside. The Activity Center would be located between Hawthorne Road and East University Avenue.
County officials say the project has been on the books for some time now.
"For whatever reason the eastside has been undeveloped, utilized," says Ben Chumley, Senior Planner for the Alachua County Growth Management Department. "Back in 1994 the county commission identified this part area for job generating land uses."
The Growth Management Department will present its plan to County Commissioners by the end of this year.
By Nathalie Pozo, WCJB TV20 News
- Alachua County is Home to the Oldest Active Bomb Squad Technician in the Country
- Marion County Gang Unit Hits The Streets To Crack Down On Gang Activity
- "Operation Dry Water" Cracks Down on Illegal Boating Activities
- Ghost Hunters Search for Paranormal Activity in Our Area
- Former Sheriff's Employee Is Active KKK Member
- Alachua County Activates 311 Emergency Management Line
- Less Active Voters in Marion County
- GPD: Recent Car Thefts Tied to "Felony Lane" Activity
- The Cancer Center Opens at North Florida Regional Medical Center
- Eastside High School's Soulfest Brings Down the House