Eastside Activity Center
City leaders held a community meeting about the Eastside Activity Center Master Plan, Monday. The Eastside Activity Center will bring homes, commercial space, and jobs to the Eastside. The Activity Center would be located between Hawthorne Road and East University Avenue.
County officials say the project has been on the books for some time now.
"For whatever reason the eastside has been undeveloped, utilized," says Ben Chumley, Senior Planner for the Alachua County Growth Management Department. "Back in 1994 the county commission identified this part area for job generating land uses."
The Growth Management Department will present its plan to County Commissioners by the end of this year.
By Nathalie Pozo, WCJB TV20 News
- New Trauma Center Opens in Ocala
- Alachua County is Home to the Oldest Active Bomb Squad Technician in the Country
- Gang Activity Popping Up in Northwest Gainesville Neighborhood
- Alachua County Activates 311 Emergency Management Line
- GPD: Recent Car Thefts Tied to "Felony Lane" Activity
- Less Active Voters in Marion County
- Former Sheriff's Employee Is Active KKK Member
- Ghost Hunters Search for Paranormal Activity in Our Area
- New playground offers activities for all abilities
- Organization shuts down street, pushing for active community