The Heart of Florida Air Show
Experts say the Ocala International Airport is the ideal place for an air show because of it's large size and it's relatively short distance from big cities like Orlando and Tampa which will hopefully draw plenty of patrons. Alachua County Tourist Development Director Roland Loog says, "Well the economic impact of the air show is about three quarters of a million dollar a year..looks like we're going to lose that to Ocala...but we're happy for Ocala...it's a regional event."
Gainesville Regional Airport Board member Mac McEachern "It's great for the air show to be in Ocala because it gives the Gainesville regional airport an opportunity to sponsor them and effectively advertise their services in the Ocala area where there's a potential for passengers...which we need."
Jack Hughes who is the director of Gainesville Sports Commission says Gainesville has worked hard to build up this event for the past two shows and has invested plenty of hard work and time into making it what it is. The heart of Florida Air show is a two day event and is expected to attract over thirty thousand people.
It has attracted thousands of people to the Gainesville area but now that event is flying away.
By Sarah Pusateri, WCJB TV20 News
- The Heart Of Florida Air Show
- Starke Elementary Closed After Air Tests Show High Levels of Mold
- Tribute Paid to Air Show Crash Victims
- Heart of Florida Tours Ocala
- 2007 Heart of Florida Airshow
- 12th Annual Florida Equine Institute and Allied Trade Show
- Florida Native Performs In National Cirque Show
- Heart Disease Survivor Will Share Story at Heart Walk
- Heart to Heart Silent Auction
- Air Force Crash in Florida