Investigation at G.P.D.
Gainesville Police Officers are normally the ones doing the investigating, but according to sources one of the department's own was placed under investigation
F.D.L.E. sechnicians sealed off G.P.D. Capt. Ray Weaver's office this morning, and sources told WCJB that they processed the office for D.N.A. and a hard drive was removed.
Gainesville Police Chief Norman Botsford was not available for comment, and Capt. Lynne Benck, who has been assigned to the Chief's office to help with the investigation, did not return our calls either.
Sourced also said the the complaintant may be another G.P.D. Officer.
Weaver has worked as the head of administrative services for G.P.D.
By Ted Latiak, WCJB TV20 News.
- G.P.D. Tight-Lipped
- G.P.D. Captain Resigns Under Scrutiny
- Vermillion Investigation Reveals Tensions Between ASO and GPD
- GPD Investigating Attempted Kidnapping in Northeast Gainesville
- GPD Investigating Suspicious Death
- GPD Officer Investigation
- GPD Internal Investigations
- GPD Releases Investigation Report on Officers' Conduct
- GPD Increases Patrol
- GPD: Stronger Spice Laws Needed