Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Parents Using Kids To Steal
It seems to be a national problem these days; parents using their kids to steal. A South Putnam man and his buddy are accused of robbing a home with the help of children. Deputies say 58-year-old Randy Stafford and 49-year-old Dennis Ray stole more than three hundred dollars worth of household items from this home in Satsuma. Things such as their microwave, other appliances, jewelry, and even expensive meats were taken from the home. The four children are all between the ages of nine and twelve.
"The four children - we will file charges on them. They're not going to get off scott free either. They knew it was wrong so those charges will be filed with the State Attorney's Office," says Major Keith Riddick of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.
The two men are charged with burglary, grand theft, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Sheriff's Deputies say all of the stolen items, except forty dollars worth of meat, were returned to the owner.
By Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV 20 News
- It's National School Bus Safety Week But Some Parents Say Their Kid Aren't Safe
- Safety Tips To Parents About Phone/Internet Safety For Kids
- A Majority Of Parents Install Car Seats Incorrectly, Putting Kids At Risk
- School Board Urges Parents To Register Kids
- Kids Helping Kids
- 1 in 10 US Kids Lives with at least One Alcoholic Parent
- Internet Safety Tips for Parents to Protect Kids
- Two Miami-Dade County Men Steal Bait Trailer
- Stealing From The State
- Man Arrested For Stealing Crabs