Recreation and Parks Month
Crist is recognizing July as "Recreation and Parks Month".
The goal is to promote the importance of regular physical activity, and interaction with nature. Appropriately this year's theme is "Let's Go Outside".
Department of Environmental Protection workers say we have a lot options right at out fingertips, so take some time and explore the outdoors...
"I believe we all do better are are healthier beings by having some outdoor experience in recreation and re-creation with nature," says the Manager David Jowers.
This idea goes hand-in-hand with Governor Crists initiative to encourage Floridians to choose a healthy lifestyle, and help beat obesity.
By Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News
- Cone Park Playground Problems
- Gainesville Police Bring Helicopter, Canines to Show and Tell
- Ocala Gets A Little Brighter
- Local Non-Profit Opens Coffee Shop To Help Vets
- City Of Gainesville Hosting Several Spring Time Events
- Park Safety In Gainesville Eastside Park
- Silver Springs Theme Park May Be Transformed Into a State Park
- Unemployment Disaster Assistance Deadlines Start Next Month
- Almost No Citations One Month into Texting Ban
- Roam Towing Violations Means Six Month Suspension