Slow For the Summer
Local restaurants say they're slow for the summer. The manager at Harry's Restaurant says business is slowing down. He says it's typical in the summertime and this year is actually better than last year. He thinks the heat may also have something to do with the overall decline.
"Summer business typically every year drops off. There's a lot less people in town - we see it drop every year," says Manager Dave Lomell.
Though some local businesses seem to think summer is slow, you may be surprised to hear officials in the visitors bureau say summer months are not the slowest times for businesses.
Officials say the largest decline in sales is actually from mid December to the end of January, because of the holidays.
By Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News
- Slowing Drivers Down- Speed Trailer with Flashing Lights
- Over 100 and not slowing down
- USPS Will Slow Down Service to Save Money
- Residents See Slow Change at Hammock Oaks
- Summer Journalism Institute Program
- Man Steals Crane Leading Slow Speed Chase
- Slow Growth
- Mom Protests Summer Reading List Book
- Summer Food Safety Tips
- Summer Heatwave Program Tries To Reach 1,000 Kids With The Help Of Crowdfunding