Slow For the Summer
Local restaurants say they're slow for the summer. The manager at Harry's Restaurant says business is slowing down. He says it's typical in the summertime and this year is actually better than last year. He thinks the heat may also have something to do with the overall decline.
"Summer business typically every year drops off. There's a lot less people in town - we see it drop every year," says Manager Dave Lomell.
Though some local businesses seem to think summer is slow, you may be surprised to hear officials in the visitors bureau say summer months are not the slowest times for businesses.
Officials say the largest decline in sales is actually from mid December to the end of January, because of the holidays.
By Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News
- USPS Will Slow Down Service to Save Money
- Over 100 and not slowing down
- Summer Journalism Institute Program
- Summer Food Safety Tips
- Summer Camp Enrollment Down
- Local Summer Program Hopes To Keep Teens Out Of Trouble
- Summer Program Hopes To Keep Kids Out of Trouble
- Summer School Program Changed
- Summer Camp Helps Child Burn Victims
- School Board Keeps Summer Program