Another Major Toy Recall
Local stores are pulling the recalled products from the shelves and offering refunds or exchanges.
The Batman Action Figure sets, Barbie and Tanner, Doggie Day Care, and the Polly Pocket Play sets are being recalled for loose magnets. The Sarge Die-Cast Cars are recalled for containing lead. Lead is toxic if ingested in kids and magnets pose great risk too.
"If more than one magnet is swallowed they can attract inside the body if can cause intestinal perforation, infection or blockage," said Consumer Product Safety Commisioner Nancy Nord.
Mattel executives say they are stepping up oversight and testing in the production process.... as a result, more recalls may occur.
By Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Woman Searching for Toy Poodle
- BBBS Annual Toy Drive
- Fraternity Helps Toys for Tots
- Dangerous Toys For The Holidays
- Toys for Tots Motorcycle Ride
- After Months of Collecting, Toys for Tots can Deliver
- Tots Without Toys This Christmas
- 14th Annual Toy Run
- Toys For Tots Still Accepting Donations
- Tots Get Toys in Dixie County