Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Dozens of bird owners wanted that answer Sunday. They attended a seminar where a veterinarian educated them about bird flu. They found out the chances of their feathery friends getting the bird flu and passing it on to them are slim.
Dr. Gary Butcher, from UF Veterinary College, "This disease isn't in this part of the world. but people were somewhat confused on where it is."
In fact vets say you have a better chance of a coconut falling on your head and killing you than you do of catching a deadly bird virus from your pet.
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
- Birds Euthanized After Rooster Fight Busted
- Bird Native to Western US Spotted in Alachua County
- Planes Vs. Birds
- Pre-Thanksgiving Shopping; Early Bird Gets the Deals
- Paynes Prairie Preserve Migrating Birds
- Salt Springs Worker Rescues Rare Bird
- Dead Horse and Mutilated Birds Found Near Train Tracks
- 6/26/12 Pet of the Day: Birds Escape the Rain
- University of Florida Grad Student Invents the "Bird Buggy"
- Plum Eating Bird Shot