President Bernie Machen spoke Wednesday about what the university is doing to deal with cutbacks this school year.
He's put together a budget task force that he hopes will identify where the university can make changes.
"We are looking at everything and obviously at the end it has to save us money, but being more efficient saves you more money, maybe not doing some things that we are doing, we really are going into it with a wide open angle," says University of Florida President Bernie Machen.
At the luncheon Machen announced that the Athletic Association will be giving the university six million dollars.
Some of the money will go to the Florida Opportunities Scholar Program.
By Nathalie Pozo, WCJB TV20 News
- U.F. Budget Cuts Could Hurt Neighboring Businesses
- Businesses Brace for Busy Florida-Georgia Gameday Weekend
- Marion County Boys & Girls Club has taken another budget cut
- Gainesville to Face $2.7 Million Budget Deficit in 2015
- Budget Cuts to Universities Part II
- Santa Fe Student Government works with steady budget
- Budget Cuts to Schools Part I
- UF Budget Cuts Go Into Effect Tomorrow
- Alachua County School Board Tentative Budget
- Florida's State-Wide Budget Cuts Hit Home for UF Professors