President Bernie Machen spoke Wednesday about what the university is doing to deal with cutbacks this school year.
He's put together a budget task force that he hopes will identify where the university can make changes.
"We are looking at everything and obviously at the end it has to save us money, but being more efficient saves you more money, maybe not doing some things that we are doing, we really are going into it with a wide open angle," says University of Florida President Bernie Machen.
At the luncheon Machen announced that the Athletic Association will be giving the university six million dollars.
Some of the money will go to the Florida Opportunities Scholar Program.
By Nathalie Pozo, WCJB TV20 News
- U.F. Budget Cuts Could Hurt Neighboring Businesses
- Businesses Brace for Busy Florida-Georgia Gameday Weekend
- County Aiming to Hire more Local Businesses
- A Local Business Benefits from Gators and Florida Gulf Coast Pre-Game
- Small Business Owner Struggles To Find Workers
- Local Business Owner on ABC's "Shark Tank"
- Rubio Discusses Impact of Affordable Care Act on Businesses
- Board of Governors Pass Business Plan for UF Online Degree Program
- FL Lt. Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera Visits Ocala Business Owners
- Budget Cuts to Universities Part II