A Community Remembers
Seventeen years ago today, Gainesville residents were in a state of panic. A killer was on the loose. He had already murdered three college students by August 26th. Danny Rolling killed roomates Christina Powell and Sonja Larson on August 24th, 1990, in their Williamsburg Village Apartment. Just a day later, Christa Hoyt was murdered in her duplex in Southwest Gainesville. Then, on August 27th, Rolling killed Tracy Paules and Manny Taboada in their Gatorwood Apartment. Rolling was executed last October for killing the five students.
On this seventeenth anniversary, a community remembers the lives lost. Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV20 News.
- Gainesville community remembers officer killed 14 years ago
- Community remembers boy who was killed in fire
- Pat Fitzpatrick: Local community advocate remembered
- North Central Florida Community Remembers Pat Fitzpatrick
- Community Gathers to Remember Charlie & Braden Powell
- Remembering 9/11
- North Central Florida Remembers Nelson Mandela
- Family, friends remember 7 children killed in tragic accident nine years ago today
- Gainesville Runners Remember Boston Marathon Victims on One Year Anniversary of Bombings
- Remembering Von Fraser, Alachua County Tax Collector