Court Employee Arrested For Attempted Sexual Battery
A Newberry man could be in jail for a while after spending the weekend at a Marion County lake.
45 year old Andrew Karelas faces attempted capital sexual battery charges.
Karelas is accused of having sex with an 11 year old girl.
Witnesses saw it happening at a lake house in Orange Springs.
One of the witnesses thought it was a girlfriend and told Karelas to stop because other people were in the house.
But when he went in the door, he saw the girl and how young she looked.
Karelas works for the Alachua County Criminal Justice System and had nothing to say when he was caught.
"I'm sure his occupation had something to do with it but I also think the realization that he had been caught doing such a heinous crime to a child like that took the words right out of his mouth," said Cpt. James Pogue of the Marion Sheriff's Office
Karelas has been in the Marion County jail since SBunday.
He can bond out for $50,000. He has no previous record.
- ASO Searching for Suspect in Attempted Sexual Battery
- Man Arrested For Sexual Battery of a Mentally Disabled Teen
- Lake City Man Arrested for Sexual Battery on a Child
- Suspect Arrested on Sexual Battery Warrant
- Gainesville Man Arrested, Charged In 2009 Sexual Battery Incident
- Bradford County Corrections Deputy Arrested For Sexual Battery Against A Minor
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Lieutenant Arrested for Armed Sexual Battery
- Marion County Man Charged with Sexual Battery
- Gainesville Man Faces Sexual Battery Charges
- Gainesville Man Charged With Sexual Battery of 14 Year Old Girl