Insurance Problems Continue
Stearns says he's still hearing too many homeowners complain of rate increases. He admits a national reinsurance program would help, but says the state should do more.
"State lawmakers are perhaps thinking in terms of politics and they got to think in terms of a solution," said Stearns.
State Representative Larry Cretul welcomes the criticism, "If they've got some suggestions they would like to submit whether they're in public office or whatever the case is, I have an open door and an open mind."
Cretul tells WCJB there's talk lawmakers may discuss the issue in September committee meetings. He says there is even discussion insurance company executives may testify in front of a senate committee under oath.
By Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Insurance Problems
- State Insurance Fund Stronger Now for Storm Season
- Insurance Affected by Credit
- New Health Insurance Plan
- Low Cost Health Insurance Plan Draws Criticism
- Crist Vetoes Insurance Policy Legislation
- Citizens Insurance Hike
- Insurance Discounts in Jeopardy
- Flood Insurance Help
- Health Insurance Company Requests Third Rate Hike This Month