Pregnant Woman Tazed
It all happened Saturday during a fight between kids in a neighborhood in Southwest Alachua County.
A pregnant Leslie Donaldson says she was trying to help. That's when the sheriff's deputy showed up. He tazed one of the boys fighting then said he had to handle Donaldson.
"She raised her arm to the deputy. The deputy felt threatened like she was going to hit him potentially," said Alachua County Sheriff's Lieutenant David Clark.
Clark is a certified taser instructor with the Sheriff's Office. He said they have no policy against tazing an expectant mother.
Donaldson was taken to the hospital, she said she was experiencing contractions. Then she was arrested for battery.
Donaldson filed a report about the incident and the Sheriff's Office is investigating.
By Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Pregnant Woman Stabbed Dozens of Times and Survives
- Pregnant Woman Arrested For Attacking Boyfriend
- Pregnant Woman Stabbed More Than 30 Times
- Suspect Pulls Out Pregnant Woman's Hair Weave
- Kentucky Woman Pleads Guilty in Pregnant Woman's Death
- Tragic End For Pregnant Woman
- Deputies Taze Man After Causing Multiple Car Crash, Threatening Other Drivers
- First Report Out on University Student Tazing
- UF Student Tazed at John Kerry Talk
- Man Kills Mother Of His Daughter, While She's Pregnant With Her Next Child