Property Tax Problems
More than 50 property appraisers from counties across Florida gathered in Gainesville Tuesday to find ways to reassess the way they assess our property.
"Given the climate this year of 'lower taxes, lower taxes' our oversight agency the Department of Revenue has adopted practices that in our opinion has been forcing values up, " said Alachua County Property Appraiser Ed Crapo.
So at the meeting, they were looking for ways to fix that.
They're hoping state lawmakers will also address this issue again in September's special session or when the general session starts next Spring.
By Anne Imanuel, WCJB TV20 News
- Property Tax Problems
- Property Taxes on the Rise
- Property Tax Reduction For Select Seniors, Off The Radar In Alachua County
- City Commission Addresses More Than Property Tax Reform
- Property Tax Cut May Mean Less Money for Education
- Property Tax Cuts A Bad Thing?
- Special Session on Property Taxes
- Local Property Tax Reform
- Terry Jones Arrested as Spirit of Faith Opens on Former Dove Property
- Lamplighter Bus Service Shot Down By Property Managers