39 year old Christine Wiles was in Marion County visiting family when she went missing back in April. New DNA evidence was was just found in the trunk of a car, and it has deputies suspecting foul play in her disappearance. The car was spotted in The Ocala National Forest right around the time when Wiles disappeared.
So today many searchers along with their K9 dogs combed certain parts of the 383,000 acre forest searching for clues. Now the investigation has shifted to The Ocala National Forest. Searchers spent the day walking and riding through The Ocala National Forest looking for anything that might lead them to Christine Wiles' whereabouts.
Captain James Pogue, says "That evidence could be anything from a button off a shirt, to human remains. We just don't know what to expect right now."
A $5,000 reward is being offered to anyone who has information about the whereabouts of Wiles. Authorities say Christine Wiles was last seen in the Belleview area. If you have have any information, (352) 368-STOP. Tonight authorities will reevaluate the areas searched, then they'll determine how to best proceed in the case.
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
- Missing Girl Found; Parents Still Seek Answers
- Man's Body Still Missing in Sinkhole, House Demolished
- Zimmerman Trial: Hearing Over Audio Experts Still Undecided
- Confusion Plaguing "Obamacare" Still Major Hurdle in Florida
- Scott Still Undecided on Florida University Tuition
- Red Cross Volunteers Still Reaching Out to Residents
- Florida License Plates Still Need To Be Approved
- Bear that Killed Goats Still on the Loose
- Teachers Still Waiting for Governor's Pay Raise
- 100+ Still Stranded in Texas