Transportation Impact Fees
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
This Tuesday night alachua county commissioners will have a public meeting to discuss transportation impact fees. County officials say they hope to figure out a plan that will help the growing traffic here in Alachua County flow smoother.
Transportation impact fees are designed to make a drivers commute here in Alachua County quick and easy. Right now people who build a new home or a new building pay about 2-thousand dollars for the impact their development could have on traffic. But soon that amount could double to about 4-thousand.
Impact Fee Administrator for Alachua County, Jonathan Paul says, "Roadways cost money and traffic is only getting worse in Alachua County. Newberry Road, Archer Road, 39th Avenue they're pretty much backed up on the interstate."
Paul says more than likely county commissioners will vote to increase the fees. But that doesn't mean you'll feel the cost increase immediately. If commissioners do decide to increase the fees, the increase will start in three months.
- Greening the Gator Nation And Beyond With Public Transportation
- Outsourcing School Transportation
- Un-X'Ceptional Transport?
- Transportation Surtax Proposal
- Transportation Tax to Go on Ballot
- No Public Transportation in Parts of Ocala...Leave Residents With No Choice
- Woman Arrested; Awaiting Transport to Bradford County
- Intelligent Transportation System Unveiled on Interstate 75
- Safer Transportation For Bikers In Gainesville
- Santa Fe students, officials push transportation bill